Date Added: 25 October 2018
: 16 November 2018
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Victoria Atkins MP (Louth & Horncastle)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and dependent on experience
Victoria Atkins MP is looking for a Communications Officer to join her constituency team in Louth & Horncastle. The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team to promote the work of Victoria, assist the public and develop good relations with the local community.
- Create press releases, social media posts and website content to communicate Victoria’s work on behalf of her constituents.
- Draft letters to constituents on policy matters and respond to a broad range of enquiries.
- Manage constituency campaigns to engage with the local community on key issues.
- Monitor local and national media and prepare briefings to update Victoria.
- Arrange constituency events and assist on visits.
- Liaise with Victoria’s ministerial team and other government departments.
- Assist with administrative tasks to help with the day-to-day running of the office.
- High proficiency in IT and ability to learn new programmes and software packages.
- A proven record in communication and managing relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Able to organise, prioritise and work independently as part of a small team.
- A confident and sensitive manner when dealing with difficult issues under pressure.
- Sympathetic to the values and aims of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 16 November 2018
Interviews will begin as soon as possible. We may appoint before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.
Please send your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.