Date Added: 8 August 2011
: 19 August 2011
Job Title: Volunteer Intern
Working For: Rachel Reeves MP (Leeds West)
Location: Leeds Constituency Office
Salary: Reasonable travel and food expenses
Two interns are required to help with the Member’s constituency work, casework and general office administration. We are flexible on the number of days that the interns will work and the length of the internship. Ideally the intern would be available for 3 months, for 3-5 days per week.
The internships start in September.
The role will include:
- Answering the telephone to constituents, media enquiries, diary enquiries and others
- Assisting with constituency campaigning work, including writing letters, reports etc.
- Monitoring local media.
- Assisting with the drafting of casework, on policy issues, and relating to housing and other issues that the Member’s constituents may have.
- Opening and sorting post.
- Helping with general office administration, such as filingManaging the Member’s casework emails.
- Attending constituency meetings with the Member, and following up on action points.
The successful applicant will:
- Be flexible.
- Have good administrative and organisational skills.
- Have a good telephone manner;Be a good team player.
- Have commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 August 2011
Interviews will take place in the week following the close of applications, at the Leeds Constituency Office in Armley.
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com, sending a current CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to volunteer for Rachel's Constituency Office, and what you hope to get from the experience.