Date Added: 15 September 2011
: 30 September 2011
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Big Brother Watch
Salary: Reasonable travel expenses
This job is located in our London office: 55 Tufton Street, SW1P 3QL
Big Brother Watch is a campaign organisation that seeks to defend the civil liberties and privacy of individuals. Producing insightful research into misuse of personal data, the surveillance state and encroachments on personal liberty, Big Brother Watch is at the forefront of media debate across the country.
We are looking for an ambitious intern to join our team to assist with research projects, social media outreach and Parliamentary liaison.
- be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet research and web content management.
- be able to work under pressure and be part of a dynamic national campaigning team.
- have a good knowledge of national and regional media and politics.
- be able to assist with content management and pay close attention to detail.
- be sympathetic with the aims of Big Brother Watch.
- be confident and competent in oral and written communication
- be able to work in our central London Offices for a minimum of eight weeks
Big Brother Watch is currently a small team looking to expand in the future and there is the possibility that exemplary interns will be approached to take up permanent positions after their internship has finished.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only reply to shortlisted candidates.
Closing Date: 30 September 2011
Interviews will take place as soon as possible, and we may appoint before the closing date. Start dates are flexible.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: Nick Pickles email@example.com explaining what you could bring to the team.
If possible, please include a brief, recent example of written work.