Date Added: 6 December 2011
: 3 January 2012
Job Title: Income Generation Internship - six months, full time
Working For: MyBnk
Salary: Unpaid, but travel expenses (up to £10 per day) and lunch allowance (up to £4 per day) provided
Your responsibilities will touch on all aspects of income generation at MyBnk (fundraising, local authority & government contracts, direct sales and corporate engagement).
We are looking for a passionate individual with an interest in social change, education and the empowerment of young people. You will need:
- Excellent spoken and written English, and the ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Strong research skills
- Excellent IT skills
- The ability to build relationships with key individuals and organisations, and maximise those relationships
- Creativity & enthusiasm
- Experience of writing fundraising applications and / or developing relationships in the education sector is highly desirable
You will work directly with the Head of Business Development who is responsible for all aspects of income generation at MyBnk (fundraising, local authority & government contracts, direct sales and corporate engagement) to help secure the ongoing financial stability of MyBnk. This will involve:
- Researching and applying to funders including independent grant making trusts, companies, local authority and government
- Being on the look-out for new opportunities for MyBnk, this will include both research projects and attending networking events to build our profile
- Supporting the sales arm of the team with prospect research and setting up meetings within current and newly identified target markets
- Supporting in the allocation of funded programmes to school and non-school environments across London
- Supporting the team in monitoring how MyBnk are performing against our targets and reporting back to Trustees, funders and other stakeholders
- Developing an account management / customer service strategy for MyBnk clients and other stakeholders
- Organising a summer event with a corporate engagement focus
- Maintaining our contacts database (using Salesforce)
- Undertaking research and administrative tasks across the income generation team as required
- Any other tasks as required by the MyBnk team – this could range from photographing one of our workshops to helping to run one of our young people’s focus groups
What we can offer you
The MyBnk Internship Programme gives you the opportunity to take on real responsibilities, allowing you to use the skills you have and develop new ones. This role will see you liaise with funders, schools and other MyBnk stakeholders. You will be an integral part of a young, dynamic and award winning team and will gain first hand insight into every aspect of how a charity works. MyBnk has excellent networks and relationships with other third sector organisations. Our Internship Programme is a fantastic stepping stone into a career in the charitable, education or youth work sector, and will enable you to develop skills valuable in all sectors.
(Please note we cannot guarantee a job offer at the end of the 6 month programme).
We are a charity who deliver financial and enterprise education directly to 11-25 years olds in schools and youth organisations.
Young people learn to manage their money and make enterprising decisions through fun and interactive programmes that put them at the heart.
MyBnk also provide enterprise experiences using real money and train young people to run their own in-school online saving and lending banks - independent and FSA approved.
Closing Date: 3 January 2012
Let us know about any restrictions on your availability for interview. We might appoint before the closing date - please do not wait until 3rd January to submit your application.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 3rd January 2012.
For more information or if you have any questions please call us on 020 7377 8770 or email email@example.com.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly the internship for which you are applying.