Date Added: 27 January 2012
: 2 February 2012
Job Title: Campaigns Officers x 2 (3 month fixed term contract)
Working For: HOPE not hate
Salary: £24,000 pro rata
Length of Contract:
HOPE not hate is one of the largest and most successful political action groups in the country. Working with local community groups across the country we have managed to undermine the BNP both at the ballot box and in the wider community. Our focus for 2012 is to ensure that the BNP, and any other far right party, fail to get anyone elected onto the London Assembly and that they are defeated in the councils seats they are defending around the country.
The Campaign Officers, who will be part of the campaigns team, will help deliver grassroots anti-fascist campaigns in our target areas. We are recruiting two posts, one to focus on the London elections and the second to focus on target areas for the local elections. Both roles will necessitate travel.
1. A member of the Campaigns Team
2. Delivery of campaign objectives
3. Contribute to creative ideas, campaign messages and communications work
4. Help to develop and deliver new and existing campaigns
5. Recruit and support local activists
6. Be a spokesperson for the organisation where necessary
· Previous campaign experience
· A commitment to the anti-fascist cause
· The ability to work well as part of a team
· Experience in local organising
· Enthusiasm for the both the subject matter and issue
· The ability to take the initiative and work under pressure
Closing Date: 2 February 2012
Interviews will be held on the 6th and 7th February, with a preferred start date of Monday 13th February.
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. Please note due to limited resources only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.