Date Added: 9 March 2012
: 26 March 2012
Job Title: Community Fundraising Volunteer
Working For: Medical Aid for Palestinians
Salary: Travel expenses up to £10 and up to £5 for lunch
Medical Aid for Palestinians (MAP) works for the health and dignity of Palestinians, living under occupation and as refugees. We are currently looking for a volunteer to support our community fundraising.
We are looking for someone to work 14 to 21 hours a week at our London office. This position will last 3 months
Benefit for intern
- Charity Experience: We will involve you in other aspects of the charity’s work at the London Head Office so that you can develop your experience of working in the charity sector
- Knowledge : You will have access to information, briefing and reports on the geopolitical environment of the Middle East with particular focus on the Israeli – Palestinian conflict
- Personal Development: You will gain experience and knowledge of working in a busy office environment and learning through doing. We work with you to help develop your CV.
• Manage communication with supporters who want to participate or organise fundraising events.
• Where needed, assist supporters with their fundraising efforts.
• Update records on the MAP database about community fundraisers
• Update the MAP website, twitter and facebook with stories and information for/about community fundraisers
• Write copy for newsletters and other publications about community fundraising
• Research and develop community fundraising support materials
• Manage stock levels of fundraising materials
• You might be required to attend and represent MAP at events
• Other general administrative duties for the Marketing Manager and Director of Fundraising as required.
• Educated up to at least A-level standard
• Excellent MS Word and Excel skills
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of working with volunteers or fundraisers, or have organised or participated in a fundraising event.
• Ability to motivate others
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience of and willingness to undertake routine office work such as photocopying, filing and archiving
• Previous experience of using databases, especially Raisers Edge
• Interest in international humanitarian aid and development, and the Palestinian / Israeli conflict
Closing Date: 26 March 2012
Interviews will be held on 28th March 2012. Start date will be shortly after.
If you are interested in applying please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or
33a Islington Park Street, London N1 1QB.
To talk about the role please call 020 7288 4114.