Date Added: 23 March 2012
: 13 April 2012
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Big Brother Watch
This internship is located in our London office: 55 Tufton Street, SW1P 3QL.
Big Brother Watch is a campaign organisation that seeks to defend the civil liberties and privacy of individuals. Producing insightful research into misuse of personal data, the surveillance state and encroachments on personal liberty, Big Brother Watch is at the forefront of media debate across the country.
We are looking for an ambitious intern to join our team to assist with research projects and wider duties. In particular, we hope they will be able to assist on a research project related to internet governance.
- be familiar with standard word processing and spreadsheet packages and internet research.
- be able to analyse and collate research for a larger report from a wide range of sources.
- be able to work under pressure and be part of a dynamic national campaigning team.
- have a good knowledge of national and regional media and politics.
- be able to assist with content management and pay close attention to detail.
- be sympathetic with the aims of Big Brother Watch.
- be confident and competent in oral and written communication.
- be able to work in our central London Offices for a minimum of eight weeks.
Big Brother Watch is currently a small team looking to expand in the future and there is the possibility that exemplary interns will be approached to take up permanent positions after their internship has finished.
Reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
Closing Date: 13 April 2012
Interviews will be arranged with suitable candidates as soon as possible and there is no set start date.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to:
Emma Carr email@example.com explaining what you could bring to the team. If possible, please include recent examples of written work.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only reply to successful candidates.