Chris Leslie MP, Shadow Financial Secretary to the Treasury, is looking for a full-time Parliamentary Assistant to work in his Westminster office.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and conscientious individual with excellent communication skills, with experience and a good knowledge of the political process.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out research into local, national and international issues
- Undertake research in order to support the MP with debates, speeches, articles and media
- Research independently and summarise complex subject matters succinctly
- Undertake some administrative tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised but as part of the team
- Strong research and writing skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise heavy workload in busy environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to liaise effectively with Members of Parliament, external organisations and media
It is desirable that applicants have:
- Knowledge of and/or experience of financial services
- A track record of media liaison
- A commitment to Labour Party values
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See www.w4mp.org/html/msvo/main.asp for further info.