The Economics and Social Policy unit covers work that ranges from the drivers of growth and productivity through to planning reform, analysis of public spending and the care system. Our research is driven by the need: to tackle structural problems in the economy; to deliver better public services more efficiently and to improve living standards and opportunities for people from across all parts of society. Our work is always based on evidence and extensive analysis and makes recommendations for reforms which are deliverable and practical.
The wide range of research that the team undertakes means that the post can be shaped to the interests of the successful candidate. Day-to-day, you will be involved with macro and micro analyses of the issues in a number of our projects, conducting your own research, coordinating research projects, generating research ideas, organising events, fundraising and having contact with a diverse mix of politicians, policymakers, NGOs and academics who we use to inform our original, evidence-based research.
We are looking for an individual with a strong economic background and experience of applying this in a business setting. To be a strong candidate, you would have:
- Experience of applying economic analysis to real world situations. This should be demonstrated by a degree with a significant economics or maths component, preferably at a postgraduate level, and experience of applying this in a business setting;
- Experience in economic modelling (including good Excel skills);
- Interest or experience in the economics of housing and land (preferable);
- A good understanding of economic and social policy;
- A predisposition towards market-oriented policies;
- Excellent writing skills.
The post will also require the individual to develop contacts with key figures within government, research, and policy sectors. An already developed network of contacts would be ideal, but an ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships is essential. This would be an opportunity for the right individual to have a significant, concrete impact on policy working for the acknowledged market leader in the field.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.