ARCHIVE (Architecture for Health), an international NGO based in London, is looking for a Business Development Officer to come on board and support the development of the organisation.
At ARCHIVE we are working hard – locally and internationally - to fight disease through architectural design. We’re making a tangible difference to vulnerable communities through innovative design and construction projects in London, Haiti and West Africa and are looking to expand our work. We are also launching a start up trading arm of ARCHIVE that will allow the charity to be self-sustainable.
If you are looking to gain experience in a fundraising and business development role, then this could be the ideal position for you.
The position would last 6 months and hours are flexible but would require at least 21 hours a week. This internship offers the chance to develop transferable skills and to gain invaluable knowledge and a better understanding of how an NGO is run and funded.
This role will cover all aspects of generating and maximising income support and funding opportunities for the organisation, from identifying and establishing relationship with high value donors, to seeking investors and clients for the new trading arm of ARCHIVE.
- Manage relationships with existing high value donors
- Identify and recruit new potential major donors
- Seek opportunities to fund and expand the new trading arm of the charity
- Identify and liaise with potential investors and clients for the new trading arm of the charity
- Degree in any discipline
- Business acumen
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative within agreed guidelines
- Good problem-solving skills
- Eagerness to face and overcome challenges
- Aptitude and ability to learn on the job
- You must be motivated, flexible and reliable
- You will have passion for ARCHIVE’s work and the ability to convey that passion to others
Experience of raising donations from high net worth individuals and/or working in a start up is a plus, but not essential.
If any of the above fits what you might be looking for then don’t hesitate to get in touch!