The Law Society represents solicitors in England and Wales. From negotiating with and lobbying the profession's regulators, government and other decision makers, to offering training and advice, we're here to help, protect and promote solicitors.
As a Head of Council Member Services, the selected candidate will be required to deliver an effective and efficient operation of the Society’s Council, its Boards and Committees to ensure best practise is established and maintained.The role holder needs to manage the governance, and constitutional arrangements for these bodies and ensure the smooth running of the processes to support them. This requires a knowledge of good practice in the field of corporate governance, together with the relationship management skills to manage the interaction with Council members.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven senior administration skills - including planning and organisation skills
- Excellent people skills and ability to effectively support and provide management to our Office Holders (President, Vice President and Deputy Vice President) and Council Members
- Proven ability to review and improve processes
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate governance
- Proven ability to work across organisational boundaries to get things done
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience of dealing confidentially and diplomatically with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of organising a team to prioritise a high volume of work to tight deadlines
- Experience of leading, developing and motivating a team for optimal service delivery
The position is full time but flexible working may be considered.
The Law Society is an Equal Opportunities Employer.