Centre for London at Demos is looking for a communications and events executive for a 6 month contract to include work during the Olympics, party conference and on the London Policy Conference which takes place at the end of November. The successful candidate will work with the Deputy Director (Comms) at Centre for London on the administration, logistics and speaker/sponsor liaison for these events. They will also assist on communications, including updating the website, social media and some work with the press. The role will include:
• Administrating Centre for London’s contacts database – adding new contacts, de-duping, keeping records up to date and creating contact lists for specific events and mailings.
• Event management of key events – including administrating attendee lists and briefings, creating badges, speaker briefings, liaising with sponsors and overseeing production/logistics.
• Marketing – driving the marketing of key events, most specifically the London Policy Conference by working with marketing partners, collating and mailing to databases and working with the online sales platform.
• Supporting the management of key relationships – including liaising with stakeholders and sponsors, being a regular source of contact and information, booking diaries and supporting meetings.
• Press & Media – assisting with the Centre’s media strategy including updating the website, press list, blog site and some social media comms.
• Analysing the success of current projects and events, and contributing to the future strategic development of Centre for London.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience of organising events, good knowledge of the UK political system, excellent attention to detail and the ambition to grow into a senior comms role.
Experience of political events and/or media work will be an advantage but is not essential.