- Portland is a fast-growing communications and public affairs consultancy. We are based in London, with offices in New York and Nairobi.
- Our team devises and implements communication and public affairs strategies across a number of specialist areas, including strategic communications for major global brands, reputation and issues management, crisis communications and both proactive and reactive media relations.
- We have an enviable client list including major brands such as Google, The Scout Association, Tesco and National Grid.
This role is within the corporate communications team providing research and media relations support across current accounts and new business proposals.
- Provide thorough, accurate and timely research documents;
- Monitor coverage of clients and prospects in the media;
- Prepare press lists for media sell-ins and support with selling stories to journalists over the phone;
- Draft briefing notes on journalists, client issues and new business targets and
- Support with the development of stories including contacting case studies and researching relevant news and calendar hooks.
- Be thorough with an eye for detail;
- Be organised with the ability to manage your own workload;
- Have a strong interest in news and current affairs;
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance and
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff and journalists.
- A first class or 2:1 degree.