The FSB is the UK’s Leading Business Organisation representing the interests of small businesses and the self employed. A not-for-profit organisation, we provide small business owners and the self employed with a powerful lobbying representation at all levels of government. In addition, the strength of over 200,000 members enables the FSB to provide unparalleled services and benefits to its membership.
Based in the Westminster Press and Parliamentary Office, the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) are seeking to recruit an Intern (for a period of 9 months) to work closely with the East Anglia region in developing policy projects, along with the Development Manager in supporting the wider activities of the region.
The Intern’s key areas of accountability include:
- Research in support of specific policy related projects whilst also representing the FSB at external meetings
- Developing a knowledge and a database of political and legislative developments
- Producing press releases and articles to promote the interests of our members along with production of written reports, briefing papers and consultation responses to aid FSB representation and support lobbying and campaign work
- Assisting in implementation of regional policy work and supporting development of regional plans by the members
The ideal candidate will:
- Be of graduate/post graduate calibre and able to demonstrate an understanding of the small business sector ideally having worked with local authorities/small businesses
- Have experience in completing research based projects with a knowledge of politics and economics
- Be skilled in research and report writing along with displaying strong analytical communication and organisation skills