The British Humanist Association (BHA) is the national charity representing the interests of the large and growing population of ethically concerned, non-religious people living in the UK. It exists to support and represent people who seek to live good and responsible lives without religious or superstitious beliefs and to campaign for a secular state and an open society.
We are seeking an intern to volunteer within the campaigns team for a minimum of 3 months and for 3 days per week (to be negotiated).
As part of a small expert team, you will provide assistance on a wide range of national and local campaigns. We are looking for a passionate, committed, articulate and creative person to take on this new and important role in our organisation.
Work will be wide-ranging and include:
• Providing administrative support to the campaigns team
• Assisting with researching and monitoring relevant issues in media and politics
• Assisting with events organisation
• Assisting with submissions to Government, Parliament and others
• Monitoring and preparing material for the website
• Communicating with a wide range of audiences, from BHA members to Parliamentarians to media
You will need to be committed to the aims of the BHA and have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.