Democracy Matters is an informal alliance of over 30 civil society umbrella groups and learning providers which aim to promote practical political education (see
We run on a voluntary basis by members and are looking for ambitious volunteers to help us:
- Organise regular public forums on democracy and education in the House of Commons with an MP or elsewhere
- Develop our website and online communications
- Produce a monthly newsletter
- Promote practical political education in adult, community, further and higher education as well as civil society and the voluntary sector
- Develop our membership and activities
- Develop and pilot projects to promote democratic participation
Volunteers can work from home or a desk in the office of one of our members in Clerkenwell or Docklands in London, or possibly in Liverpool, Bristol or elsewhere.
Length of time and commitment is flexible, but we would like a commitment of 4 – 8 hours a week over several months or a year, or several days a week for a shorter period.
This would suit someone looking for experience in politics, journalism, information, education, marketing or organising events, with a commitment to deepening democracy and public participation on a non-partisan basis.
To find out more, please call Titus on 07720394740.