The Centre for Policy Studies, a leading independent think tank founded by Sir Keith Joseph and Margaret Thatcher, is seeking a Digital Communications Intern to supplement its social media and website team.
Applicants for the position should have all or most of the following:
• Strong IT knowledge including MS Office, CMS and editing software.
• Experience of using social media; preferably in a vocational, volunteer or activist setting
• Some design knowledge such as infographics, video, HTML, animation, etc
• Ability to quickly take on board research and reports and use online techniques to illuminate these to a wider audience
• The confidence to make suggestions as to new avenues of digital opportunity and recommend updates to existing CPS IT infrastructure
• Sympathies with free market philosophies and/or CPS output
The duties for this role include:
• Website maintenance
• Updating our social media including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
• Creation of infographics and animation
• Reporting of analytics for all digital media
• Producing our weekly E-newsletter
• Some general administration duties
This role will be open-ended subject to performance and applicants should be available for a minimum of two-three months.