The Middle East Association is the UK’s premier business forum for promoting trade and good relations with the Middle East and North Africa. Founded in 1961 and based in London, the MEA is an independent, not-for-profit membership association, representing around 350 organisations from all business and industry sectors.
We organise a busy schedule of trade and investment conferences, business briefings, trade missions, VIP lunches, and networking receptions to assist our members and contacts in developing their business presence in the MENA region. We work closely with the FCO and UKTI in delivering government trade objectives, while also representing our members’ needs and interests to governments and other relevant bodies. You can read more about the MEA’s activities on our website.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to work at the ‘front line’ of MEA activities.
Reporting to the Director General, you will be working alongside the Head of Projects and Government Relations in creating and managing much of our intellectual and commercial content.
The role includes:
• Leading on, organising and executing conferences, trade missions, and business briefings
• Assisting in our engagement with the FCO and UKTI, as well as MENA embassies and trade & investment bodies
• Coordinating with other members of the team to support MEA projects and events
• Supporting and assisting MEA members with their regional interests
• Developing new initiatives and projects to support MEA goals
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Superb team player, prepared to get involved and support other MEA staff with their work
• Self motivated, meticulous and enthusiastic
• Strong working knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa region with a particular focus on political and economic issues
• Strong academic track record, preferably in relevant areas
• Strong IT Skills
• Good understanding of the machinery of UK and MENA governments
The position is full-time. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 09.30 – 17.30 with occasional unpaid overtime related to MEA events and activities.