Raitt Orr is a small, specialised public affairs and public relations company dealing with international development policy and developing world issues. We share offices with Third Sector PR, another consultancy specialising in the voluntary sector.
We are looking for a part-time intern (four days per week) with an interest in international development and communications to provide the team with research and administrative support for a diverse set of clients. There will also be an element of carrying out basic office procedures.
The intern would assist our small team with:
- Research into policy areas and relevant government and media contacts
- Drafting press releases and other information materials
- Office administration
- Media monitoring, and preparing news briefings for clients
- Liaising with clients, journalists and other contacts
- Building and maintaining contact lists
- Assisting with special events (functions, conferences, business lunches etc)
The internship would run for three months.
The role would suit a recent or soon-to-be graduate with a keen interest in the international development sector, ideally in a public affairs or public relations role.
Essential skills are:
- Good understanding of development issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Basic understanding of – and an interest in – the role of public relations
- Sound knowledge of the media environment
- Computer literacy
- Good telephone manner
- Educated to degree level
- Personable and outgoing