An experienced MP with a constituency in the Eastern Region seeks a Senior Secretary and Office Manager to provide secretarial and administrative support to ensure the efficient running of his Westminster office.
- Provide a full range of secretarial and administrative support including management and monitoring of incoming telephone and visitor enquiries, management of e-mail account and post.
- Ensure office records are kept and an efficient filing system is in place and up to date.
- Manage the Member’s Diary, including the compilation of briefing papers in advance of meetings and follow-up on subsequent actions or correspondence such as thank-you letters.
- Maintain awareness of parliamentary timetable to ensure Diary reflects the Member’s obligations at Westminster.
- Support the Member in complying with the provisions of the MPs’ Expenses Scheme.
- Ensure queries from constituents are dealt with in a sensitive, helpful and confidential manner and passed to Member or Caseworker as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with internal and external contacts by telephone, email or letter as appropriate.
- Provide office management to include coordination of personnel and staffing records, ensuring the office is fully equipped and office supplies are maintained
- Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package.
Prior experience of working at the Palace of Westminster not essential. Experience as a senior executive assistant in industry, for example, would also be welcome.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See www.w4mp.org/html/msvo/main.asp for further info.