An opportunity has arisen to join the staff of Stella Creasy, MP for Walthamstow. Working in both her constituency and in parliament, this wide ranging role involves supporting Stella’s advocacy, policy and engagement activities in both Walthamstow and Westminster. You would be joining a dynamic team committed to helping the MP in serving a vibrant corner of London, and acting on a wide range of policy issues as well as providing administrative support for Stella and other members of the team.
Duties will include:
- Providing policy, logistical and writing support to Stella's campaign work and responsibilities as a Shadow Spokesperson in Labour's Home Affairs team.
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and providing timely responses.
- Managing Stella’s busy diary and ensuring the MP has up-to-date detailed information about events and appointments.
- Organising and attending events as part of delivering Stella's policy and campaigns projects as required.
- Undertaking data entry, administration and database management as requested.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, manage own workload and proven project management skills.
- Good IT skills – knowledge of CFL Caseworker software would be helpful.
- Good customer service skills - ability to deal with queries from all audiences in a helpful and sympathetic manner.
- Attention to detail and effective time management skills as well as experience of managing the diaries of others.
- Able to work well individually and as part of a team.
- Interest in, or prior experience of, community organising would be desirable.
- Knowledge of mid and late 90's indie music beneficial, but not necessary, as full training on this subject will be provided.
- You must be sympathetic with the aims and principles of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See www.w4mp.org/html/msvo/main.asp for further info.