Brent Labour is looking for a Campaign Intern to join its campaign team for at least two days per week to assist with preparations for the 2014 local elections and the 2015 general election.
The position will be based at the party office in Wembley.
You will help with:
• Press releases
• Updating the website
• Drafting leaflets and direct mail
• Data entry
• Social media
• General admin
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent IT skills (including knowledge of desktop publishing)
• Be able to work with minimal supervision
• Share the aims and values of the Labour Party
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage legislation. See http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/
TheNationalMinimumWage/index.htm for more information about National Minimum Wage.
In May 2012 the House of Commons Library revised their Standard Note ‘National Minimum Wage and Volunteers’ and it can be seen here: www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN00697