Chi Onwurah, MP for Newcastle upon Tyne Central and Shadow Minister for Innovation, Science, and Digital Infrastructure, is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the team for 10 weeks as a paid intern in her busy Westminster office.
Applicants will need strong research and communication skills and will have a keen interest in Newcastle, local and national politics and a strong interest in science, technology and innovation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Parliamentary Researcher.
- Carrying out research into policy issues.
- Working on local policy campaigns, in particular Chi’s Newcastle Housing campaign.
- Monitoring local and national issues.
- Supporting general office administration duties.
- A good knowledge of the political issues important to Newcastle
- A good understanding of science and innovation policy.
- IT skills are vital.
- A good understanding of current political issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Labour Party policy.
- You should be sympathetic with the aims and principles of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.