With an influential readership in the Westminster village, newsrooms and beyond, Political Scrapbook is one of the UK’s top political websites. We are looking for sharp writers and researchers to volunteer in our London office.
Successful applicants will gain first hand experience in a fast-paced organisation at the forefront of digital political journalism and campaigning. Previous volunteers have gone on to secure jobs in the Houses of Parliament, PR and the media, including at the Guardian and Observer.
Roles are varied but some tasks will include:
- Researching, writing and editing articles.
- Working with our network of sources, press officers and other journalists.
- Monitoring of traditional and new media
- Generating story leads through Freedom of Information (FOI) requests and other investigative techniques.
- Developing campaigns, such as our advertising boycott credited with closing the News Of The World.
In this exciting role you would be working on breaking news stories and handling tip-offs sent to us round the clock. Our dedication to producing original, engaging and well-researched content means our scoops are regularly picked up by the national press.
While this position is based in our London office, we plan to advertise out-of-office (remote working) voluntary roles in January 2013.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage.