Date Added: 4 April 2013
: 19 April 2013
Job Title: Voluntary Research Assistant
Working For: ResPublica
Salary: Travel and lunch expenses up to £75 per week (pro rata)
Length of Contract:
ResPublica, an independent, non-partisan think tank, is seeking a research assistant to join on a voluntary basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a challenging environment and be integral to the ongoing expansion of a high profile and increasingly influential organisation.
Research Assistants play a pivotal role in supporting the busy research team on a wide range of policy areas.
Key tasks include:
- Compiling research briefings
- Editing and proofreading articles
- Drafting and mailing letters
- Updating research databases
- Attending and writing summaries of policy events
- Organising roundtable discussions
- Recording important parliamentary activity
- Contributing to ongoing projects
- The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in politics and public affairs, and a passion for research and communicating ideas.
Desirable skills and attributes:
- Efficient and organised researcher
- Coherent and prolific writer
- Professional attitude, with previous experience in a working environment
- Good formal and informal communication skills
The placement will last for an initial period of 3 months, with a review at the end of this period.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 19 April 2013
For immediate start. We may appoint before the closing date.
To apply please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com with “Research Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Please state why you want to work at ResPublica and your availability.
Due to the large number of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applicants.