Date Added: 10 April 2013
: 24 April 2013
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: Paul Burstow MP (Sutton & Cheam)
Salary: Reasonable travel expenses
Length of Contract:
Paul Burstow MP is looking for an enthusiastic and hard working intern to work part-time in his busy Westminster Office.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level, and be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills. Sympathy with the aims and policies of the Liberal Democrats is desirable.
Tasks may include:
• Conducting research and preparing briefings;
• Drafting correspondence to MPs, Government Departments and constituents;
• Drafting press releases;
• Liaising with Pauls constituency office and other MPs' offices;
• Assisting in the organisation and running of events;
• Diary Management;
• Media monitoring;
• General office administration.
• Good standard of written English,
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a confident telephone manner,
• Good ICT skills,
• The ability to work within a small team,
• Ability to prioritise tasks,
• Ability to work on your own initiative,
• Ability to work in a flexible environment,
• Working knowledge of politics and political processes
• Sympathy with the aims and values of the Liberal Democrats.
Applicants must be motivated and reliable.
For more information or for an informal chat about the position, please contact Natasha on 0207 219 1105 or email email@example.com.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage legislation. See http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/
advertising-jobs-with-w4mp/volunteers/what-is-the-national-minimum-wage/ for more information about National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage.
Closing Date: 24 April 2013
Interviews are likely to commence the week of 22nd April but may be held sooner.
Appointment may be made before the closing date.
Immediate start preferred.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter of no more than 1 side of A4 to Natasha Kutchinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs sent in the post will not be accepted.