Date Added: 11 June 2013
: 21 June 2013
Job Title: Local Organiser
Working For: Oxford Labour
Location: Oxford Labour office in Cowley
Salary: Pro-rata to £22,000 for 4 - 5 days per week
Oxford & District Labour Party is looking for a local organiser, working from our well-equipped campaign centre in Cowley. We have a strong and energetic local party, looking to make gains in the 2014 elections and win the 2015 general election. The post is from September or October 2013 to May 2014, with the possibility of extension to May 2015.
- working with MP, councillors, candidates, members and supporters to build support and win elections
- organising fund-raising
- production and distribution of mailings and newsletters
- recruitment and management of volunteers
- organising all aspects of election campaigns
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability successfully to lead teams and motivate volunteers
- IT skills, including ability to use/learn desktop publishing and risograph printing
- Track record of campaigning
Closing Date: 21 June 2013
Interviews: provisionally Saturday 29th June 2013.
Start date: between 1st September and 1st October 2013.
Please email info@OxfordLabour.org.uk for job description and application form.