Date Added: 12 June 2013
: 21 June 2013
Job Title: Senior Caseworker
Working For: Luciana Berger MP (Liverpool Wavertree)
Location: Liverpool Wavertree Constituency Office (Stoneycroft)
Salary: Within IPSA guidelines and dependent on experience
After three years, my fantastic senior caseworker Matt is moving on to a new role. I now have the challenging but exciting task of finding his replacement. Sheila, Jason, Tim, James, James and I are a committed, friendly, hard working, innovative team. We are also well integrated - the constituency office interacts with the Westminster office on a daily basis and we often all work from the Liverpool office together during recess. We are very busy - together we deal with over 800 pieces of casework and correspondence a month.
You must be motivated, upbeat, very organised and good at juggling lots of things at once in order to help me in my task of best representing my amazing constituents. If you don't like multi tasking/are not a completer-finisher this role is not for you. A sense of humour is a must. You don’t have to have been a caseworker/worked for an MP before to do this job but please share any experience you have.
- Respond effectively to correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a wide variety of issues
- Attend advice surgeries (twice a week) and other meetings in the constituency with me or on my behalf
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and liaise with appropriate agencies to resolve matters for constituents
- Manage casework in a timely manner
- Keep adequate records and adhere to data protection rules
- Monitor local issues
- Administration of office budget
- Manage the work of the apprentice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A friendly and approachable attitude with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels and build relationships across a broad spectrum of people and organisations
- Able to deal with constituents in a helpful, sympathetic and sensitive manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work load to successfully manage a variety of projects
- The highest standards of professional integrity, discretion and probity and a commitment to ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Full proficiency in Word, Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a team and on your own
- You must be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party and the Co-operative movement
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 June 2013
The closing date and time is MIDDAY on Friday 21 June 2013.
Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for interview on Thursday 27 June.
Start date as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and covering letter (maximum 2 pages each) to email@example.com.
Please include in your letter why it is that you would like the job, why you think you’re qualified for the position, why in particular you’d be keen to join my office and what your availability is.
For more information please contact Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0151 228 1628.