Date Added: 13 June 2013
: 24 June 2013
Job Title: Diary Manager and Caseworker
Working For: Seema Malhotra MP (Feltham and Heston)
Salary: Within IPSA guidelines and dependent on experience
I am looking for an experienced caseworker, event organiser and diary manager to join a busy and friendly team based in Westminster and Feltham & Heston. I am looking for someone who is a great team player, highly organised and passionate about making a difference to the lives of our constituents.
You will need to be someone who is able to work independently, and be confident in building and managing relationships. An ability to multitask and think creatively is vital. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential. The caseworker will attend some constituency surgeries with the MP, mostly on Fridays but occasionally at weekends or evenings.
- Respond effectively to correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a range of housing, immigration, employment, financial, health, and other issues
- Attend advice surgeries (1-2 times a week) and other meetings in the constituency with the Member or on her behalf
- Manage MP's diary
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and confidently liaise with appropriate agencies to resolve matters for constituents
- Undertake casework in a timely manner and to office procedures
- Manage own caseload and progress of casework ensuring all cases are logged and updated efficiently and urgent cases referred to Office Manager or Member
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation as appropriate
- Keep adequate records and adhere to data protection rules
- Experienced caseworker with knowledge of Caseworker or similar IT system
- Able to deal with constituents from a range of backgrounds and communities in a helpful, sympathetic and sensitive manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable local constituency knowledge
- Attention to detail and excellent time management
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work load to successfully manage different projects
- Integrity, probity and discretion and a commitment to ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Knowledge of South Asian languages desirable but not essential
- Ability to work in a team and on your own
- You must be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party and the Co-operative movement
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 June 2013
The closing date is 9am on Monday 24th June 2013.
Interviews to take place in the first week of July.
Please send your CV and covering letter (maximum 2 pages each) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your letter why you would like the job, your qualifications for the position, why you’d like to join my office and what your availability is.
For more information please contact Sofia at email@example.com or on 0207 219 8957.