Date Added: 22 July 2013
: 6 August 2013
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Ian Swales MP (Redcar)
Salary: £16,00 - £18,00 depending on experience
For more information on IPSA payscales go to http://www.w4mp.org/html/library/salaries/general.asp.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and hard working person to work as a Caseworker in the Redcar office for Ian Swales MP. You will be working with a small team of dedicated people and will contribute to both Constituency and Westminster casework.
This is a permanent full time post for 40 hrs a week, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. Some flexibility for evenings and weekends will be required with time off in lieu.
Your responsibilities will be:
• Drafting responses to constituents' enquiries on both local and national issues
• Attending meetings and advice surgeries with the MP on a regular basis
• Dealing with daily enquiries to the office by telephone, email, in person and post
• Liaising with other Government bodies, external agencies and the local council on a number of matters
• Keeping accurate records in line with the data protection guidelines
• Undertaking general administrative tasks
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An ability to work independently and with initiative
• A willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
• Good IT skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 August 2013
Interviews will take place on Monday 12th August.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for this role to Ian Swales MP, Room 103, The Innovation Centre, Vienna Court, Kirkleatham Business Park, Redcar, TS10 5SH
or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please call Louise Hutchinson or Becky Selmer on 01642 777940.