Date Added: 22 July 2013
: 13 August 2013
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Simon Wright MP (Norwich South)
Salary: £23,000 PA pro rata. Part-time (4 days)
Simon Wright is looking for a new Parliamentary Assistant to run his busy Westminster office.
• Preparing research, briefings, parliamentary questions, speeches and articles as required
• Undertaking constituency related casework and liaising with the constituency office to promote local issues in Parliament
• Dealing with enquiries from constituents
• Managing the Westminster diary, including arranging visits and tours
• Liaising with local and national media
• Ability to grasp new issues quickly and explain them clearly
• Ability to work independently using own initiative
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and manage competing priorities
• An understanding of the British political system
• Good IT skills
• An interest in environmental and/or education issues is desirable
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 13 August 2013
Interviews will take place in London on Tuesday 20 August 2013.
To apply, please send CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the job to Mark Hughes via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Simon Wright job application’ in the subject line.
For more information call Mark Hughes on 01603 627 678.