Date Added: 12 August 2013
: 6 September 2013
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: Diane Abbott MP (Hackney North and Stoke Newington)
Salary: £8.55 per hour (full-time position, fixed term for three months)
Diane Abbott MP is looking for a hard-working, organised and politically aware intern to assist with media and communications work at her Westminster office.
The successful candidate will be required to assist Diane’s personal assistant by:
• Helping maintain Diane’s website
• Helping with all online activity
• Drafting and circulating newsletters
• Monitoring the media
• Answering the telephone and responding to basic queries from constituents, journalists and other stakeholders
• Completing any other administrative tasks that may be necessary as part of the job
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of media and communications
• Good knowledge of Facebook and Twitter
• A strong academic background with first class research and writing skills
• The ability to digest and summarise information quickly and accurately
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines
• Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well as part of a team
• Sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 6 September 2013
Interviews will take place as soon as possible.
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require more details please contact Priya on 0207 219 4426.