Date Added: 23 September 2013
: 10 October 2013
Job Title: Caseworker (part-time)
Working For: Ken Macintosh MSP (Eastwood)
Location: Constituency Office, Thornliebank, East Renfrewshire
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience pro-rata (3 days per week)
Ken Macintosh is seeking a part-time caseworker for his constituency office in Thornliebank.
An understanding and sympathy for the needs of constituents in Eastwood and support for the objectives of the Labour Party is required. Good communication skills are essential, in particular a strong ability to write professional letters. Candidates should be happy to work in a very busy constituency office and to assist with all areas of work when required. Previous experience of similar roles is helpful but candidates with a range of backgrounds should consider applying.
- Respond efficiently and effectively to enquiries by constituents which arise at surgeries or by telephone, post and email
- Manage your own caseload and progress of cases, knowing when to escalate cases to the next level to get a satisfactory response
- Keep accurate and timely records of correspondence and other actions on each case in a sensitive and confidential manner, always aware of Data Protection rules
- Attend advice surgeries with Ken and take accurate notes of new cases
- Identify casework which could become a campaigning issue for Ken
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant guidelines/legislation
- Assist colleagues with all other areas of work in the constituency office including campaigning, general administrative tasks and supporting Ken in other areas of his work
Closing Date: 10 October 2013
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 21st October 2013.
To apply, submit your CV and a short covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Lynsey Jackson, Office Manager at email@example.com.