Date Added: 2 December 2013
: 6 January 2014
Job Title: Local Government Consultant
Working For: BDO
Salary: Dependent upon location and experience
Length of Contract:
BDO is the award-winning UK member firm of the BDO international network, the world’s fifth largest accountancy organisation, with more than 1,200 offices in over 138 countries.
Within BDO’s Management Consulting stream is our Local Government consulting practice. This small team of passionate and hard-working consultants is now looking for a new Consultant to join them.
The size of our team and our style of working means that this role may be different to other ‘standard’ Consultant roles. We expect a lot of our Consultants, but in return we give you the freedom to take on significant responsibility within projects. This means you have huge opportunity to learn and develop your career, and benefit from working within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
A consultant’s main responsibilities are to:
• Play an integral role in the high-quality delivery of projects for local authority clients
• Gather and analyse information, drawing conclusions and identifying options for discussion with clients
• Participate in sales and marketing activities for example taking an active role in writing proposals for prospective clients
• Contribute to the successful development of client relationships
• Deliver high quality reports and presentations to specified deadlines, including the preparation of reports for clients
You need to...
• Have at least 2 years' work experience, with as a minimum one year in consultancy for the public or private sector
• Already have a strong set of core consultancy skills including being comfortable using your own judgement, insight, skills and experience to add real value to clients
• Be motivated by going the extra mile
• Strong numerical and analytical skills including the ability to analyse large data sets
• Be adept at building strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders through your engaging and approachable style
• Have a proven track record as a strong team player with an ability to work without supervision often under pressure
• Good knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Evidence of independent, critical thinking, either through a history of top-level academic performance or an exemplary record of achievement in a work environment
• Have a genuine interest in local government and the challenges it faces
Closing Date: 6 January 2014
The selection process will involve:
• CV and supporting statement review
• Telephone interview
• Case study, presentation and interview (date tbc)
We will contact you within 4 weeks if we wish to take you forward to telephone interview stage.
Please submit a copy of your CV as well as a supporting statement (maximum length 2 pages of A4) which demonstrates how you meet each of the criteria listed in the ‘You need to...’ section above. Any applicant not providing this supporting statement will be immediately excluded.
Please send all CVs and supporting statements to email@example.com.