Jonathan Djanogly, the Member of Parliament for the Huntingdon constituency, is looking for an intern to assist in his constituency office. The opportunity will be for two days per week for a minimum of two months.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working, enthusiastic and diligent individual. They should be presentable, socially confident and willing to get involved at every level. Candidates must be sympathetic to the views of the Conservative Party.
The internship will provide the candidate with comprehensive knowledge of the work of an MP, experience of a working environment and a unique opportunity to develop administrative, research and communication skills.
The role will include assisting with:
• General office administration, such as filing, database management and correspondence
• Completing research
• The day-to-day work of the constituency team
The successful candidate should have:
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills, both written and oral
• Good organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and to meet deadlines
• A keen eye for attention to detail
• Honesty and discretion are essential attributes
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
The role being advertised is a voluntary one. As such, there are no set hours and responsibilities and you should be free to come and go as you wish. If the post demands set hours and/or has a specific job description you may be deemed to be a ‘worker’ and be covered by National Minimum Wage legislation. See http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/
TheNationalMinimumWage/index.htm for more information about National Minimum Wage.
Please read our guide to National Minimum Wage and Volunteers here: www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/volunteers/