This is a short-term consultancy contract until the end of May 2014, with an immediate start. Job share or part-time considered.
Are you a social media enthusiast? Do you engage on a variety of different social channels? We’re looking for someone creative and dynamic that has a natural flair for social media engagement. You will work closely with International Alert’s Communications and Europe Teams, and be responsible for running a short-term social media campaign (#EUnify) to counter racist and xenophobic discourse in the UK in the run-up to the European elections.
You will be responsible for building and engaging with audiences on the project’s social media channels, which includes coming up with content ideas, creating new content, amplifying messages online, managing and starting community conversations and making sure the social campaign is in line with the project's goals.
- Building and amplifying campaign messages online
- Updating the project’s social media platforms - publishing daily posts on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and any other relevant social media channels
- Increasing networks and expanding our reach across all social media channels
- Managing and moderating user generated content and posting responses including on-going conversations and private messages
- Working closely with internal teams and partners to respond to issues and co-ordinate content activity
- Disseminating messages and materials to partner networks and channels
- Setting appropriate targets on engagement and activity
- Compiling statistics and monitoring engagement on a regular basis
- Ability to create engaging and compelling written and visual content
- Proven ability to conceive, implement, and manage cutting-edge online strategies, including mobilisation campaigns
- Proficient in using and managing Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn and blogs for marketing/campaigning purposes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a ‘can do’ attitude towards managing multiple tasks
- Expertise with online analytics
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex public policy and translate it into compelling digital content
For the full details please see the advertised post on our website: http://international-alert.org/jobs/social-media-coordinator.