Date Added: 9 May 2014
: 27 May 2014
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Tessa Munt MP (Wells)
Location: Constituency Office, Somerset
Length of Contract:
Tessa is looking for an experienced office manager to run her busy Somerset and Westminster offices, ensuring constituents receive an excellent service. The office manager will be responsible for managing all staff and all operations relating to the work of an MP. The ideal candidate will relish working in a high pressured, fast-changing environment and be an excellent problem-solver.
• Ensuring Tessa’s constituents are dealt with by the team in a sensitive, confidential and prompt manner adhering to data protection practices.
• Setting out and managing priorities for the team and ensuring they are delivered. Supervising team members daily including delegating workloads.
• Ensuring Tessa has a full range of administrative support including overseeing Tessa’s diary commitments.
• Dealing with escalated enquiries from members of the public.
• Keeping a daily grasp of current affairs locally and nationally, ensuring the team is up-to-date and responds accordingly.
• Ensuring the operation of the office is within the allocated budget, including expenditure under the Employer’s Expenses Scheme, paying bills and invoices and keeping records of all transactions.
• Using efficient data and file management processes. Ensuring the office is fully equipped and office supplies are maintained. Using the MS Office package, email and internet to draft letters, correspondence and reports; setting up and maintaining spreadsheets and databases and undertaking research.
• Dealing with personnel and staffing issues. Ensuring accurate and updated personnel records are kept, monitoring staff performance and handling grievance, disciplinary and performance matters.
• Liaising with the local party and the campaigns organiser.
Key skills and attributes:
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Confidence when dealing with members of the public and great people skills
• Excellent organisation skills
• An ability to make decisions in a high pressure environment
• An energetic, positive and ‘can do’ approach to life
• A good sense of humour
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 May 2014
Interviews will take place on Friday 30th May.
We would like the sucessful candiate to start as soon as possible.
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If applicants have any questions please email
email@example.com or call 01934 710748.