Date Added: 22 July 2014
: 3 August 2014
Job Title: Trainee Caseworker
Working For: Harriet Harman MP (Camberwell and Peckham)
Job details: Highly committed individual sought for role in one of the busiest constituency offices in Parliament.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drafting good quality responses to constituents' enquiries
- Attending very busy advice surgeries with the MP, taking accurate notes and dealing with constituents in an understanding and compassionate manner
- Managing individual caseload
- General administrative duties
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Ability to engage with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- Clear commitment to helping people
- Motivation to serve the people of Camberwell and Peckham
- Knowing how to get to the root of a problem
- Political awareness
- Knowledge of key social policy issues: housing, immigration and social security
This is a full-time role and occasionally evening work may be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 August 2014
Interviews to be held in Westminster in the week beginning 11th August for immediate start.
To apply, please send a CV of no more than two sides and cover letter of no more than one side outlining your reasons for the role and how you meet the criteria to email@example.com with the subject heading 'Job Application'.
I will contact shortlisted candidates. If you are not contacted it will be because you have not been selected for interview.