Date Added: 5 January 2017
: 20 January 2017
Job Title: Senior Analyst: Academic and Researchers Lead
Working For: Project Oracle
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (FTE) per annum dependent on experience
35 hours per week.
Project Oracle is a children and youth evidence hub that aims to improve outcomes for young people.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
1. Strategy and planning
To develop and implement the strategy for engaging and supporting academics and other experts to work with Project Oracle to build an understanding of what works in the sector.
2. Managing the Research Placement scheme
To build the capacity of both youth providers and potential evaluators through offering time-limited placements of qualified academics/researchers/students who are involved in the related fields or methodologies. This will involve (a) building a pipeline of qualified researchers, (b) matching researchers and providers for placements and (c) overseeing and quality assuring each cohort of placements.
3. Engagement with Academics and Experts
To engage and integrate a body of experts into other Project Oracle workstreams: training, validations, events, and studies.
To manage the design and delivery of events which support the engagement of academics and experts with the wider work and aims of Project Oracle.
5. Other workstreams
• Relevant undergraduate degree
• Experience of using social research methods and quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques, analysing data, and writing related reports (either professionally or as part of an academic dissertation/PhD)
• Strong understanding of the children and youth sector and of relevant research in this area
• Excellent team player
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to summarise and communicate research findings to a non-specialist audience
• Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities
• Good interpersonal skills and able to develop effective relationships within Project Oracle and externally
• Advanced IT skills with working knowledge of all Word packages
• Postgraduate academic study (Masters degree with dissertation)
• Experience of delivering training and managing delivery of events
• Experience of coordinating volunteers
Closing Date: 20 January 2017
Closing at 10am.
Interviews will be held w/c 23rd January.
Email your CV with a covering letter describing how you meet the job criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.