Date Added: 6 January 2017
: 22 January 2017
Job Title: Research Internship
Working For: Centre for Cities
Salary: £18,330 pro rata per annum
The postholder would gain in-depth experience of a range of research duties through supporting the Centre’s core research team. Specific tasks for interns include: qualitative and quantitative research on aspects of the economies of UK cities and towns and desk-based research into economic conditions, trends and strategies in a number of UK and international cities.
Job Duties/Key responsibilities:
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative research
• Conduct literature reviews, policy reviews and other background research as required by the team
• Support the Centre’s research programme and deliver small scale research projects as needed
• Provide administrative and research support as required, including arranging meetings, site visits and events
• Experience in managing and manipulating large data sets
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to understand a large body of literature, draw out the key issues and apply them to the Centre’s research programme
• The ability to work well in a team
• Economics or other related degree
• Knowledge of economic, social and/or public policy
• Knowledge of STATA and GIS software
• Knowledge of NOMIS and other government datasets
Contract: full-time, 4 months.
Closing Date: 22 January 2017
Interviews, including a written test, will be held on w/c on 30th January 2017.
Starting date: ASAP.
If you are interested in applying for an internship, please download the application form from our website: http://www.centreforcities.org/about/careers/research-internship-2/ and send to email@example.com or by post to HR, Centre for Cities, 9 Holyrood London SE1 2EL.