Date Added: 9 January 2017
: 20 January 2017
Job Title: Research Manager
Working For: Dods
Salary: £32,000 - £36,000
Dods Research is the market-leading provider of polling and research solutions for companies looking to understand the public sector and enhance their engagement efforts with elected representatives. We are looking for a Research Manager to manage the company’s day-to-day running of public sector and political polling for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of the public sector, particularly the civil service, in addition to a broader interest in the political landscape at Westminster. In addition to this, you will have advanced quantitative research skills, preferably gained in a polling or market research environment. You will be extremely confident in handling data and knowing how to present data to clients in an appropriate and innovative format.
Strong client-facing skills are also a key requirement of the role. You will be working closely with clients during the research process and delivering outputs back to the client at the end of projects.
• Survey design – working alongside clients to develop questions for our omnibus and bespoke polling products.
• Data analysis – taking data produced during polling and analysing it for interesting trends and notable features, drawing out the key findings for the client.
• Presentation to clients – written reports, PowerPoint presentations, and delivery in-person to clients.
Desired skills and experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in public sector research, polling, or market research.
• High levels of data numeracy and a strong background in quantitative research.
• Advanced ability with Microsoft Excel.
• High degree of knowledge of the public sector and political landscape.
• Customer-focussed, proactive, and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
• A relevant degree or postgraduate qualification in political science, statistics or related field.
Closing Date: 20 January 2017
We are looking to appoint someone to this role as soon as possible, and may interview and appoint before the closing date.
Please send CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role to Dr Mark McClelland, Head of Research and Political Risk, email@example.com.