Date Added: 9 January 2017
: 19 January 2017
Job Title: Part-time Communications and Research Officer
Working For: Michelle Donelan MP (Chippenham)
Salary: Depending on experience (12 hours per week)
1. Research local, regional or national issues and policies to support Michelle’s work both in Parliament and in Wiltshire.
2. Support Michelle’s constituency office in drafting press releases, managing aspects of the website and support her work across social media platforms.
3. Prepare press releases and communications.
4. Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
5. Work on constituency campaigns
The position is ideally suited to a London based university student.
For the job, you will:
Have excellent written and oral skills with experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
Have the ability to undertake various methods of research.
Be able to work to a high standard, adapting to rapidly changing working environments both independently and as part of a team.
Be proficient in typical IT packages such as Microsoft office.
This job is for 12 hours per week, working across two or three days.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 January 2017
Interviews will take place on 24th or 25th January and will require a written task or presentation.
The successful candidate will be able to start in early February.
If you are invited to interview and require special arrangements, please raise this when you are contacted by us.
Please send Curriculum Vitae and covering letter by email to Michelle Donelan at firstname.lastname@example.org, in the subject line, please include “Application: FIRST NAME, SECOND NAME”.
Candidates will be notified via email as to whether they have been shortlisted for interview or not. Due to the high volume of expected applications, we regret we shall only be able to provide feedback to those unsuccessful candidates who have been shortlisted.