Date Added: 9 January 2017
: 1 February 2017
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Aldersgate Group
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 dependent upon experience
Aldersgate Group is recruiting a Communications Officer to join a small Secretariat (of 5) to manage communications, meetings, events and finances and provide administrative support to the Secretariat, Board and membership.
- Communications: contributing to the group’s external media work (eg the preparation of press releases), building contacts with journalists, handling design and print of reports, managing the twitter feed, monitoring relevant online news and social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) and keeping colleagues updated.
- Managing website: keeping website up to date (using a content management system), developing a strategy and actively managing the Aldersgate blogsite.
- Events: drafting invitations, agendas and event summaries, managing invitations and the RSVP process, plus ensuring the smooth running of events on the day, which may include some evening work. The Communications Officer will also be asked to represent the Aldersgate Group at some external events, where relevant.
- Membership management: building relationships with all of the Aldersgate Group’s members, answering their queries and all reasonable requests, writing and circulating membership updates (using Mailchimp).
- Accounts: managing the financial accounts, including invoicing members, tracking membership payments, managing staff salaries and taxes. Taking responsibility for the financial statements, which are reviewed quarterly by the Board, and for our annual financial accounts.
- Office management: acting as the first point of contact for queries (internal and external), organising and supervising all administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office.
The successful candidate will hold a degree level qualification with at least two years of work experience. They will have:
- Experience in a communications, events or administrative role
- Sound competence in the use of a range of software including MS Office Suite and social media platforms
- Some experience of project management
- The ability to network and build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- A solid understanding of the UK political system
- A strong interest in UK environmental and climate change policy
For a full job description, please visit http://www.aldersgategroup.org.uk/latest#we-re-recruiting-communications-officer.
Closing Date: 1 February 2017
Closing for the receipt of applications is 5.00pm. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview w/c 20th February 2017. Short listed candidates will be invited for a second interview. The successful candidate will be invited to start in early April.
Please email your CV (max two sides) and covering letter (max one side) to Victoria Fleming-Williams firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback on applications.