Date Added: 9 January 2017
: 10 February 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive
Working For: a client of Birchwood Knight
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000, plus benefits
This role offers the opportunity to join a UK charity that aims to inform consumers, provide expert advice and create engaging and impactful campaigns. They seek to work with government and industry stakeholders to positively contribute to the policymaking process across Westminster, Whitehall and the devolved institutions.
As the Public Affairs Executive you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the team’s public affairs strategy by providing policy briefings and attending meetings and events – including APPG meetings and party conferences. You will support political campaigns, undertake research and promote key messages to both supporters and policymakers via social media.
- Sound knowledge of the mechanics of policymaking across Government, Parliament and the devolved nations
- Experience working for an MP or in a public affairs team (in-house or agency)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical approach to communications, research and policy development
- Keen interest in current affairs
Closing Date: 10 February 2017
We may appoint before the closing date.
To apply, please email your CV to Madeleine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3435 7269.