Date Added: 9 January 2017
: 16 January 2017
Job Title: Research Intern - Reputation & Strategy
Working For: Populus
Salary: London living wage - £9.75 per hour
Populus is a leading research & strategy consultancy. Interns support the smooth running of the business and the day-to-day management of research studies for clients. This is an opportunity to develop new skills while working in a friendly environment. Working within the Reputation & Strategy team, this fixed-term (full-time), internship offers an opportunity to gain experience and understanding of all aspects of our work.
As an Intern your tasks will include:
- Conducting background and desk research on clients and political issues;
- Mapping clients’ stakeholders;
- Making telephone calls to potential research participants and booking interviews ;
- Processing of charity donations;
- Checking data and proof reading reports;
- Charting research findings;
- Assisting in the analysis and reporting of projects;
- Undertaking general office administration;
- Assist in organising and analysing large datasets.
Required Skills and Abilities
We are looking for candidates who are interested in working with both quantitative and qualitative data but you don’t need to have expertise in both of these areas in order to apply.
Populus employs people who can be relied upon to take responsibility and be accountable for their work. We encourage enthusiasm, creativity and ambition. It is essential that Interns have:
- Interest in business and current affairs;
- Good attention to detail;
- Good organisation and time-management skills;
- Excellent writing and numerical skills;
- The ability to use initiative and a strong desire to learn new skills;
- Confidence in the use of Microsoft office applications;
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
It is desirable that Interns have:
- A degree level qualification;
- Some experience in using qualitative and/or quantitative research techniques;
- Professional interpersonal skills;
- Good problem-solving abilities;
- A wide sphere of knowledge and interests, including current affairs, business and politics;
- Experience of or interest in applying statistical techniques is a bonus but not required.
Closing Date: 16 January 2017
Provisional interview dates are week commencing 23 January 2017.
Provisional start date week commencing 30 January 2017.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should have ‘Intern - Reputation and Strategy’ in the subject line.
Your application should be made up of two separate pdf documents:
— Your CV
— A short covering letter, explaining why you would be suitable for the role and how it will advance your career