Date Added: 9 January 2017
: 24 January 2017
Job Title: Caseworker/Senior Caseworker
Working For: Dan Jarvis MP (Barnsley Central)
Salary: Up to £24,000
Dan Jarvis, the MP for Barnsley Central, is seeking to recruit a member of staff to join his busy team.
This is a vital role working in his constituency office in Barnsley. The Senior Caseworker will work with the other members of the team to provide an excellent service to Dan’s constituents, and will have substantial experience within a casework, advocacy, or advice and guidance role.
Excellent organisation skills, empathy, a commitment to outstanding service, good written English and a professional telephone manner are essential. A driving licence is desirable and this position may involve some evening and weekend work. A commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party is desirable.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues through liaison with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and a range of other organisations to resolve often complex matters.
- Provide information, advice and support for individuals on a range of financial, health, housing and other issues.
- Liaise with the appropriate Government agencies, the voluntary sector and a range of other organisations to resolve matters for constituents.
- Maintain the casework database with accurate and timely updates and data entry.
- Help organise appointments, meetings and events in the constituency for the MP, including maintaining the shared calendar.
- Provide briefings for the MP on a range of local issues.
- Provide support for local campaigns run by the MP.
- Draft correspondence to constituents and other local stakeholders.
- Accompany the MP to constituency events.
- Represent the MP at local stakeholder meetings.
- Adhere to the Data Protection Act principles and respect the confidentiality of data at all times.
Full details can be found at: http://www.danjarvis.org/news/barnsley-news/job-advert-for-caseworkersenior-caseworker.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 January 2017
Interviews will take place on Friday 27 January in Barnsley.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to join the team as soon as possible after this date.
Please send a CV (maximum 2 pages); and covering letter (maximum 2 pages) that details how your skills and experience meet the person specification, which can be found at: http://www.danjarvis.org/news/barnsley-news/job-advert-for-caseworkersenior-caseworker.
Please email to: email@example.com.
Applications which do not meet the application requirements will not be considered.