Date Added: 10 January 2017
: 31 January 2017
Job Title: External Communications Executive
Working For: Hitachi Rail Europe
Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world! At Hitachi Rail Europe we inspire the next! Join us on this exciting journey!
Hitachi Rail Europe Ltd is a leading manufacturer in total railway solutions. We are at the forefront of delivering the UK’s next generation of rolling stock, after being selected to build and maintain 122 new trains over 27.5 years for the Government’s flagship rail project.
Your new role
The external communications department promotes and improves the reputation of Hitachi Rail Europe and helps support the business corporate priorities.
In this exciting role you will deliver communications and engagement plans across a range of stakeholders around key programmes.
Specifically, you will:
- Support and lead external stakeholder engagement programmes to promote the awareness and understanding of Hitachi Rail Europe with key external audiences, including politicians, media and government and industry
- Support external stakeholder engagement events, maximising opportunities for shared communications
- Identify and deliver media opportunities both internally (programmes) and externally (across the transport sector)
- Support the development of corporate messages and to disseminate proactively across corporate external channels, including social media
- Produce content for social media activity (Twitter, Youtube, storify)
- Write speeches and presentational materials for the Executive Leadership team and other colleagues
We are looking for an articulate, engaging and well-presented individual with an interest in current affairs and knowledge of the political and media landscape.
Ideally you will offer:
- Previous experience in all-stakeholder engagement, with a focus on media and political relations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a range of stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Experience in utilising social media and modern digital platforms to support communications activity and corporate profiling
- Proven ability to write high-quality content at a very short notice
- Flexibility to attend events and other off-site functions (estimated overnight travel will be a minimum of 5 nights per month)
Closing Date: 31 January 2017
If this sounds like you and you feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand in a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now following the link https://hitachi.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=35464&tz=GMT%2B00%3A00. We look forward to hearing from you!