Date Added: 11 January 2017
: 31 January 2017
Job Title: Organiser
Working For: Hastings & Rye Constituency Labour Party
Location: Hastings, East Sussex
Salary: £26,000 PA
Hastings & Rye CLP's membership has increased from 450 to nearly 2000 in the last year, and following highly successful local election results in May 2016, the CLP now seeks a full-time organiser to increase the number of active members to 10%, and to ensure 2017 and 2018 elections are won. The post is funded by the Labour Party nationally and locally for 16 months in the first instance from February 2017.
Purpose of role: To organise Labour party activities and election campaigns in Hastings and Rye
1. To lead for the CLP on the East Sussex County Council election campaign (Feb-May 2017) and the Hastings Borough Council election campaign (June 2017-May 2018).
2. To act as Party Agent for these campaigns, including managing electoral data, campaign budgets and ensuring compliance with electoral law.
3. To produce and distribute publicity materials as agreed by the Campaign Committee, working closely with candidates.
4. To increase the number of local activists by supporting and developing party members in a wide range of activities, training, events and meetings, and to ensure excellent publicity for these.
5. To develop and maintain excellent local communication between party members including email, social media and social events.
6. To attend local party meetings to ensure an effective working relationship with members.
7. To support the introduction of ward organisers and encourage candidates to stand for the 2018 elections by providing training and mentoring for local members.
8. To assist branches in developing effective fundraising to ensure election costs are met.
9. To promote equality of opportunity and in particular ensure that women and BAME communities, people with disabilities and LGBT people are better represented within all local party positions.
The post holder will report to the CLP Chair, and work closely with the Campaign Committee and local and regional party officers. They will be based at the party offices in central Hastings.
The Labour Party values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.
Closing Date: 31 January 2017
Interview dates: early February 2017, with a start date to be as soon as can be agreed.
For further information on the role, a copy of the job description including person specification please contact:
Paul Barnett, Hastings and Rye CLP Chair at email@example.com.
We will acknowledge all applicants.