Date Added: 11 January 2017
: 26 January 2017
Job Title: Graduate Research Intern
Working For: Bright Blue
Salary: London living wage - £9.75 per hour
Bright Blue is an independent think tank and pressure group for liberal conservatism. We are looking for a paid intern to join us for three months to help with our research and events programmes. The successful candidate will be conducting research, helping to organise our events, and supporting the wider team across the range of our work. The role is ideal for a recent graduate looking for an opportunity to work in the field of public policy.
- Conducting literature reviews and writing briefs for our current research projects, including on human rights, energy and the environment, and integration and immigration.
- Receiving basic training in different research techniques, policy formulation and the writing of public policy reports.
- Contributing to the intellectual capital of the think tank, with the opportunity to write blogposts and other published material.
Events and general support
- Helping to organise and attending a variety of Bright Blue events.
- Drafting speaker and attendee briefings for our events.
- Supporting Director and wider team to deliver existing projects.
- A belief in Bright Blue’s core values.
- An impressive academic record, including a minimum of an undergraduate degree (2:1 or above).
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly to a high standard, and to deadline.
- Creative thinking, a professional attitude and good interpersonal skills.
- A self-motivated individual excited about working in a small business, who can work independently.
Closing Date: 26 January 2017
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a short written exercise before interview. We will interview shortly after the closing date. The successful applicant will start as soon as possible.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to Fiona Smith, Events & Administration Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.