Date Added: 11 January 2017
: 17 January 2017
Job Title: Press and Policy Officer
Working For: Eluned Morgan AM (Mid and West Wales)
Location: Haverfordwest, Wales
Salary: Salary range: £20,139 - £29,523. Recruitment will normally be at the minimum of the range (18.5 hours per week)
To undertake research, policy, press and media related work as required for the Assembly Member ensuring that standards of confidentiality are maintained.
- To plan and develop strategy and organisation of media campaigns.
- Liaise with the Assembly Member/Office Manager and identify any aspects of their work which may be of interest to the media.
- Establish a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of the Assembly Member.
- Organise interviews and press conferences on behalf of the Assembly Member and accompany them on request.
- Research, prepare and write press releases, statements to the media.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working effectively within the written press, broadcast or online industry, or public relations sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of media handling techniques including designing a communications plan.
- Understanding of current affairs and issues of relevance to the region of mid and west Wales.
Essential Skills and Behaviours
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships across professional boundaries with members of the press and media.
- Ability to generate ideas for news items which reflect the work and policies of the Assembly Member.
- Ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines, with the ability to work flexibly and juggle a range of tasks.
Closing Date: 17 January 2017
To apply please visit http://www.assembly.wales/en/gethome/working/am-support-jobs/Pages/MBS-109-16.aspx for an application form.